Saturday, April 27, 2013

The Next New Thing

I would suggest some kind of a new technology for retail stores that would completely eliminate the need to have cash or credit cards at the time of purchasing. An application could be downloaded on consumers` smartphones and have a list of favorite stores that would be allowed to have an access to the necessary information for them to charge their customers. For instance, people who go to Walgreens on a daily basis could have their phone registered in the system of the store. Once the customer enters the doors of Walgreens his/her smartphone would be recognized by the store`s system and the customer would be automatically charged for his/hr purchase. The same with the subway system. People could have a certain amount if money transferred on their metro cards once the value on their cards reached a certain threshold.

4 comments:

  1. I very much like this idea, especially with the subway system. I'd like to recharge my metro card on the app before heading through, and when I meet the turnstile, it would scan my phone and let me through. I abhor those lines waiting for people to replenish their cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, i believe a properly designed application would help people to save a lot of time.

      Delete
  2. I like your idea for a technology to eliminate the time aspect of making purchases. I too hate realizing at the turnstile that I need more money on my metrocard and having to wait to reload it and miss the train.. I'm sure we will see technology like this in our lifetime since nowadays you don't even need to leave your house to order food, clothes, and just about anything that comes to mind. I'm not sure if theres more positive or negative about it all though..

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree, computer technologies still have their disadvantages. With the growth and development of new technologies such problems as privacy and security should not be overlooked by their creators.

    ReplyDelete